Thursday 26 November 2015

Thursday, November 26th, 2015

Good Afternoon Everyone,

Andrea if you are checking the blog - we want you to know that we hope that you get better soon! We can't wait to have you come back as we have many, many questions for you.  When we heard about you having appendicitis we had to find out what that meant.  We learned a lot!  We learned that most people who have appendicitis are under 35 years of age.  You are under that age. That the appendix is 1.3 cm by 8 cm.  That appendicitis can hurt!

With Mr. Demman we transferred our knowledge from working with charts to exploring pattern ideas on Geoboards!  We discovered similarities between charts and Geoboards as well as a few differences.  We looked at the blue prints making connections between geoboards, shapes and mathematics.

With Mrs. Bowles we shared our patterns from yesterday. It was interesting because we all didn't make the same patterns using the beginning
2, 6, ___, ___, ___
Some people made a repeating pattern and others made an increasing pattern.

In our science inquiry, Mrs. Bowles got us a little of track.  We started talking about what we need to take to Mars and we ended up watching a video about astronauts celebrating American Thanksgiving on the International Space Station.

In gym, we continued to play pillow polo and floor hockey.  Congratulations to Taiya in Mrs. Peterson's class who scored two goals and said,  "Today is the best day of my life!"

Things to Remember:

1.)  Family Movie Order form went home today - first come first served
2.)  Families Helping Families: What we have so far:
3.)   Uno game and toothpaste
towels for the family 
 large blanket
 Janga Quake + gift card
 towels/wash clothes for the family and we are picking up a toy for each of the kids.
(there is one other family who emailed a donation but I lost the email - I think it was Zabrina)

Question of the Day:

1.) What would you say or ask Andrea if you could?

20 comments:

  1. I would say I hope you are doing good and we miss you. LAUREN

    ReplyDelete
  2. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  3. what was in the ambulance how bad did it hurt.
    NICK P!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I would ask her what did it feel like when you got the surgery? and I would tell her I hope you still had a great day when you got the surgery hope you feel better soon.
    Zabrina(:

    ReplyDelete
  5. I would ask did it hurt and hope you will get better~Duncan i was sick

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hope you are feeling better!
    Spencer

    ReplyDelete
  7. I miss you so much.i hope you get better soon.LOVE ISABEL!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. How much did it hurt? I hope you fell better soon. I miss you Andrea.
    Aliya

    ReplyDelete
  9. How does it feel to get put asleep? - Lexi

    ReplyDelete
  10. How did it feel at the hospital and what was it like in the ambulance?

    Jared

    ReplyDelete
  11. They actually put me to sleep and I could not wake up.And there was equipment.I am home now. Thank you for all the nice thoughts. ANDREA

    ReplyDelete
  12. Andrea, I'm glad that you are home and okay, and hope that you get better soon! My question for you is was it scary being in the hospital all night?
    ~Bailey

    ReplyDelete
  13. What did it feel like when you were sick and going in the ambulance? Were you scared?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Was it scary to Stay in the hospital all night
      Ella!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

      Delete
  14. Miller would ask "Does appendicitis hurt during it?"

    ReplyDelete
  15. What did you feel like when you had to go in the ambulance? I hope you feel better soon!

    Renee

    ReplyDelete
  16. Sorry, that was from Mackenzie, above! Haha

    ReplyDelete
  17. Hey Mrs.Bowles it's me Rilee from your grade 3/4 class 2 years ago and I hope the new class is awesome I recommended the book Wonder to some of my new friends at Christ the King , and they loved it! I am now writing my own book and I'm planning on publishing it! I hope you guys all have a great Christmas and a great year at school with Mrs.Bowles and Mrs.Zwack.

    ReplyDelete
  18. I wish you the best! Feel better

    ReplyDelete
  19. I hope you get better Andrea!!!!


    Abbey

    ReplyDelete

Please keep comments appropriate. We are all learning from the comments made. Thank you