Wednesday 16 September 2015

Wednesday, September 16th

We are halfway through our week and we have already accomplished a great deal of learning!
We have really been working hard to build our stamina in reading and working in the classroom.  We are up to 16 minutes of Read to Self.  We did such a good job that Mrs. Zwack was able to start reading with individual students with no interruptions.  Read to Someone is coming along nicely and students are working on developing fluency through shared reading.  In handwriting today we worked on i and t and were able to write our first word "it" in handwriting!

We started to set up our Literacy Notebooks today.  These will be a large part of our work this year!

When reading Edward Tulane, we discovered that Edward is beginning to experience new emotions as he encounters new people in his life.  He is missing Abeline and is finally realizing that he needed to have loved her in return!

Please be sure to be reading at home for at least 15-20 minutes each night!!

Mrs. Bowles had quite an adventure this morning. She traveled to three schools in the Foothills School Division to look at their Learning Commons.  We are in the process of transforming our Learning Commons at Cranston into an amazing learning space.  She came back with many great ideas and shared a book called The Fantastic Flying Books of Mr. Morris Lessmore.

In math, we continued our work on addition and reviewed our games that helped us get faster with knowing our facts.  We then worked on as many ways to find the answer to the question:

If 42 is the answer what might the question be?

We are trying to finish up our Fossil Fuel comics and will begin looking at other fuel sources in Alberta and how they are made.  We will look at Alberta's Oilsands and how these are formed.

We ended our day with dance.  We are a great dance group and it is a great way to finish off our day.

Things to Remember:

1.) Running Club begins tomorrow.  Please dress for running and the weather. We will eat our lunches at our normal times.  If you normally go home for lunch and are in Running Club please bring a lunch on running days.
2.)  Fall Fair Information included

3.)  All forms, including milk orders, fun lunch and Entertainment books deadlines are fast approaching.

Question of the Day:

What is the first thing you tell your parents about when they ask about your day at school?

9 comments:

  1. I tell my mom what I did and that it was a good day at school and I tell her who I played with at recess~Bailey

    ReplyDelete
  2. I told my mom and dad about playing at recess and I learned my first word in handwriting
    Zabrina

    ReplyDelete
  3. i always say my 3 favourite things and if it was a good or bad day Emily

    ReplyDelete
  4. first I say good then I say the best part of the day.


    Abbey

    ReplyDelete
  5. Fine or good. Playing with friends at recess. Cops and robbers.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I always start with "It was good!" - Lexi

    ReplyDelete
  7. I tell them my favourite part and it was great~Duncan

    ReplyDelete
  8. I always talk about the funniest thing that I did love Ella

    ReplyDelete
  9. I tell my mom about my friends and my favorite part of the day. Isabel

    ReplyDelete

Please keep comments appropriate. We are all learning from the comments made. Thank you