Wednesday 20 January 2016

Wednesday January 21, 2015

We had a wonderful


This afternoon in math we looked at adding 2 and the 3 digit numbers.  We used the base ten blocks so we could actually see what happens when we add.  We talked a lot about trading  and showed what happens when we get more than 10 ones.  This can be very confusing for many of us, so we will continue to work on this.  Please remember that you can always play some of the Math by Myself and Math With Someone activities that we have done in class.

We are sooooo close to the end of Wonder.  It is graduation for Auggie and his friends. Today the chapter was about how to choose kind.  The quote that they used was great
"Shall we make a new rule of life...  always to try to be a little kinder than necessary?"  What a great idea!
Image result for choose kind

In dance we are so amazing!  We were working on our James Brown dance.  It is really fun and we look so good doing it.



To sum up our day... it was AMAZING!

Thank you for your comments last night on the blog. They will give Mrs. Zwack and myself a lot to be thankful for and a lot to think about.
Have a great night

Image result for things to remember


1.)  Old dried out markers for EcoTeam
2.)  We will be going outside on Friday - check the temperature for that day and please come dressed for what it says

QuestionImage result for question of the day
Throughout Wonder, Auggie describes the way that many people react to seeing his face for the first time: by quickly looking away. Have you ever been in a situation where you have done this when you saw someone  was different? Having now read Wonder, how do you feel about this now, would you do the same thing?

13 comments:

  1. I don't think I have met anyone who really different from me. If I did meet someone who is different from me I wouldn't turn away or laugh. No one in the world is perfect. Nor am I perfect. I would just react as if he or she was normal. - Claire

    ReplyDelete
  2. No I have never been in a situation were I saw any one the has something different about them or anything like that. But now that I read Wonder I now how it feels like to be treated that way so I would feel sorry for the person.

    Abbey

    ReplyDelete
  3. when I saw some one with a prosthetic leg I took a quick look then tuned away. now I would ask them to be my friend
    Zabrina

    ReplyDelete
  4. I have seen someone with a deformity. After ready Wonder I wouldn't stare at them like I did last time. Next time I will treat them more kindly, the way I would want to be treated. - Lexi

    ReplyDelete
  5. I used to stare at people who are different, now I don't. Choose to be kind.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Don't look away, be friendly and ask to play. Treat everyone how you want to be treated. The end.

    ReplyDelete
  7. i used to look at people that would smoke and i would tell my dad or my mom but now i don`t
    -JOSH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Yes. I saw a girl in a wheel char and I would look away. Now I dont.-ANDREA

    ReplyDelete
  9. No I have not seen any one different looking. I would try to best not to take a second look at them.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Yes, I have been in a situation like this before but I would not do it again. I do not want to make the person feel bad. They can't help that they are different. I would be nice to them and try to be their friend.

    ReplyDelete
  11. no i have not been in a situation like this before. i would be kind to them

    ReplyDelete
  12. I never knew anyone who had a deformed face.ISABEL!!

    ReplyDelete
  13. I don't look away.Yes I have a situation ask their name well another way is ask a question.
    Ella

    ReplyDelete

Please keep comments appropriate. We are all learning from the comments made. Thank you