Wednesday 1 June 2016

Wednesday, June 1, 2016

Wow June!!!


This afternoon was full of fun!  We looked at how to add decimals. We learned a game called Decimal Nim. We added tenths together to make one whole.  The challenge was to only add .1 or .2 and alternate between partners.  Boy did we learn a lot of strategy.

We transferred what we learned to paper.  We are truly amazing mathematicians!  

We started reading the book  Fish in a Tree yesterday.  It is a fantastic book about a young girl who has difficulty reading.  Check out the trailer below


Image result for fish in a tree

Our science inquiry is going incredibly well. We are really learning and thinking like scientists.  Today we took our ideas from all of the members of our group and created another prototype for our wind turbine.  





We do need some items from home to help us with the building process:

paper towel rolls
plastic bottles
string
duct tape
rope
pins
butttons
corks
styrofoam
cloth/fabric/felt
filters -like coffee filters
plastic knives, spoons.

Things to Remember:

1.) Open House for parents and students at RT Alderman tonight
2.) Swimming tomorrow - last day!
3.)  Materials so we can start building our prototypes

Question of the Day:

What do you think of our book Fish in a Tree so far?

Image result for fish in a tree

7 comments:

  1. I really like reading fish in a tree and I have always wanted to read it! I think that it is a lot like Auggie and me, Wonder and Out of my mind!

    Abbey

    ReplyDelete
  2. I #love it is soooo fascinating how the
    Girl can't read. It is neat how she is
    Thought to be dumb but is super intelligent and how she is so #creative because she thought of dinosaurs having coffee as a meteor is about to destroy them!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. im loving it its so good.
    SPENCER

    ReplyDelete
  4. I thought it souneds like aggy and me.So far I am loving it. -ANDREA

    ReplyDelete
  5. I think it's a very good afternoon story.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I LOVE the book so far because Ally has difficulty in school witch makes the book very interesting , I think it is really cool how Ally has gone to 7 different schools because my aunt went to 13 different schools in Canada . Also it is cool how Ally sees things differently than most others do She so #Creative
    Ella

    ReplyDelete

Please keep comments appropriate. We are all learning from the comments made. Thank you