Thursday 9 June 2016

Thursday, June 9th, 2016

Thank you to a great group of learners today.  We were quite focused on the tasks that needed to get done.
In math, we are looking at a really big time problem. We have to figure out what time it is when one of the hands on the clocks is missing.  We need to prove our thinking and have good reasons. We will continue this work tomorrow and present our findings to the rest of the class.
Image result for pocket watch with one missing hand
In science, we continued to build and adapt our prototypes of our wind turbines.  We are encountering a few challenges that make us change our thinking.  The discussions that we are overhearing are quite amazing.  The students even asked if they could work on their projects all day tomorrow!
Image result for child scientist clipart
Our last session of soccer was today. We worked on some ball handling skills as well as some avoiding the opponent.  The leaders commented on how strong our students were in the plank position.  Our plank challenge has really paid off!
Image result for child playing soccer clipart
Image result for important note clipart



1.)  Important notices about the instruction of Human Sexuality went home with our grade fours only today.  Please have them returned by Monday. We hope to begin early next week.

2.)  Bonjour mes amis!
To celebrate our french learning this year, we will have a special snack day on Monday June 13th. Students are asked to bring in some fruits of their choice. We will be building our own fruit salad with ice cream (salad des fruits avec creme glace)
The ice cream will be chapmans (peanut free). If there are any dairy concerns, I will bring dairy free whip as well. As we enjoy our fruit snack, we will be practicing our french skills. 
I have enjoyed teaching french with you this year! Merci beaucoup!

Mrs Kenna

3.)  We will have Mrs. Ellison back tomorrow to do some art with us. We will not be going on our community walk.
Image result for question of the day
Tell us what you learned from our soccer residency. Tell us what you enjoyed the most.

8 comments:

  1. I learn new and fun games to teach my family. I enjoy how nice the soccer residency made fun of the MUSC kids in a good way because I am in MUSC not foothills but sadly my sister is in foothills
    Ella

    ReplyDelete
  2. Having a group of friends and having a nice person teaching us soccer. My favorite part was running and dribbling.

    ReplyDelete
  3. The one above is Isabels

    ReplyDelete
  4. I learned new soccer skills, I liked all of it.
    Lexi

    ReplyDelete
  5. I learned 3 stressful soccer balance games 1 of which I showed to my family.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I learned how to balance. I loved do the games!


    Abbey

    ReplyDelete
  7. I learned how to balance.I loved the pirate game.
    ANDREA

    ReplyDelete
  8. I learned how to balance and my favorite thing was all the games we played.
    Aliya.

    ReplyDelete

Please keep comments appropriate. We are all learning from the comments made. Thank you