Wednesday 30 March 2016

Wednesday, March 30, 2016

Welcome to Wednesday,
Image result for wednesday
We have had a busy day here in Room 80.  Lots are going on and we have a lot on the go.

This morning we were so focused during Daily 5 that, at times, you could hear a pin drop... quiet as a mouse...thats a bit of a hint for what came later.  While some of us gathered together in our guided reading groups, others continued with stories that we are writing and some fresh books from the library.

Mr. Demman shared more techniques for writing.  We talked about similies, we made some up, and had a chuckle about the ones Mr. Demman found that didn't seem to work out so well.

This afternoon, we started off with math were we looked at strategies for 2 digit by 1 digit multiplication.  During our Math Daily 3, a few of our friends cleverly created a NEW multiplication math game that we are sure will become quite popular.


Today was our first day of Good Guys and Girl Power.

Image result for wednesday

In Good Guys we talked about Keeping it Real! - embracing the qualities about ourselves that we cannot change and feeling good about who we are and who we are becoming.

We were lucky to have dance again today.  In class we really got our boogie on!

Image result for things to remember clipart

1.)  We have a special guest coming in as an Artist in Residency.  Mrs. Ellis will be sharing some of her expertise about art.  We will be connecting art to our learning about India.
2.) Due to our Artist in Residency we will not be going on our Community Walk this Friday ;(

Image result for question of the day

What was a challenge that you had today?  How did you handle this challenge?

9 comments:

  1. My challenge was sharing with the class and I handled it by taking a deep breath and not panicing.
    Lexi

    ReplyDelete
  2. I had the same as Lexi. And what I did is take a deep breath and tell myself I was being silly because I know are class would never laugh at us like that.

    Abbey

    ReplyDelete
  3. My challenge was in dance I handled it by take a deep breath. Andrea

    ReplyDelete
  4. My challenge was in dance, Bending down was hard because my leg was sore. I handled it by stretching my leg.

    Emily m

    ReplyDelete
  5. My challenge wash making my robot. I worke

    ReplyDelete
  6. I worked on drawing it till I liked it and was happy. Nic Buckner

    ReplyDelete
  7. My challenge today was focusing on reading. I handled it by slowing down & taking my time.

    Mackenzie

    ReplyDelete
  8. I did not find anything challenging today.

    ReplyDelete
  9. My challenge was part of girl power we had to think hard for all the questions
    Ella

    ReplyDelete

Please keep comments appropriate. We are all learning from the comments made. Thank you