Wednesday 2 March 2016

Wednesday, March 2nd, 2015

Good Afternoon Everyone,

Mrs. Bowles and Mrs. Zwack were both being learners at a workshop today.  We miss you terribly and really wish we were there with you all.

We know you had a great day and showed our guest teachers that you are an ambassador for our classroom as well as our school.

Happy Wednesday!  The weather may not have been as nice as yesterday, however were busy both inside and out.  Mrs. Redwood and Mr. Demman joined us for our routine of Daily 5 and guided reading.  Many of the guided reading groups are now looking to start new adventures with different books. Congratulations!

After guided reading we had our nutrition break and read aloud by Mr. Demman. Following that, we quickly tidied our room and headed outside for a body break – a little cooler than yesterday, but still a great day to be out!

When we came back in Mr. Demman read “Petey and Pru and the HullaBaloo” by Ammi-Joan Paquette. Through this story we discovered new, juicy and descriptive words that helped us with our Triple-Scoopword brainstorm.  We worked in small groups to change Single-Scoop words into Triple-Scoop words that we can look back to when we our practicing our writing.

After Lunch, Mr. Demman taught us the multiplication game called “Circles and Stars”. In this game we roll dice to make our multiplication math sentence such as: 3 x 2 = 6.  We learned to explain this as 3 sets of 2, or 3 groups of 2 equal 6.  We had so much fun that many of us didn’t want to stop.  After all the excitement we really needed to take another nutrition break.

During Science inquiry, the Scientists went to the greenhouse to record observations regarding their current experiments and made predictions that surround new questions.  The Engineers we quite busy sorting their materials and evaluating the resources that they have available to them to start the construction of their structure.  Once the items were sorted, we built a model prototype.

The day was wrapped up with our Wednesday dance class where everyone chanted and danced – we were moving the entire time!  Fantastic energy!!

Just another friendly reminder…If you require props for your Social Studies skit, please remember to bring them in on Thursday.

Have a great evening!!!

Image result for remember

1.)  We are performing in the assembly on Friday. Please invite your parents to come and share our learning.  We will be moving into the gym at 11:15 and hopefully we will begin before 11:30
2.)  Due to the assembly we won't be able to go on our Community Nature Walk Friday.

3.)  We will be welcoming parents to the school for our second round of Student Led Learning Walks.This time, we will be showcasing work from Kindergarten to Grade 4 related to the common theme ‘Mathematics with Literature connections’.  The purpose of Student Led Learning Walks is to make learning visible for everyone as we share what the goals, words and expectations of curriculum look like as they come alive across all grade levels.
·         If your child’s last name begins with letter from A - L please attend on Wednesday, March 9th 6:00 -7:30 pm.

·         If your child’s last name begins with the letter from M -  Z please attend on Thursday, March 10th from 6:00 pm-7:30 pm. 

·         If you are unable to make it on the assigned evening you are welcome to change nights. 
Image result for question of the day
g
     Please tell us about the day.  What is one of the things that you learned?  What was a memorable part of your day?  What made you smile today?

9 comments:

  1. Today was awesome! I learned about the Mars surface and that the surface has rocks and other stuff. What was memorable for me is when Mr. Demman read us a book today. What made me smile is when I hung out with my friends!

    Abbey

    ReplyDelete
  2. Today was outstanding. I learned that a juicy word for NICE is APPRECIATIVE. What was most memorable was playing outside. I smiled when I was reading my book about a dog named Pete.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I learned that juicy words are triple scoop words. My most memorable part was playing with Jared. Trying to tag Jared made me smile.
    Spencer

    ReplyDelete
  4. I learned a new math game. My most memorable part of the day was Annie rehearsal. And seeing my friends made me smile. ANDREA

    ReplyDelete
  5. Today was fun i learnt a new math game(circles and stars)my most memorable part of the day was the catchy music in dance what made me smile was when my best friend William helped me find my kicked around or hidden shoe.
    :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Almost Easter and everything made me smile today!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I learned an easier way of multiplication. math was fun and memorable today because of the games we played. Everything made me smile.
    Aliya!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Today I learned a new math game called circles and stars and dance was my most memorable part of the day.and everything made me smile
    Ella

    ReplyDelete
  9. I learned new words. Most memorable thing is math game which involved dice, chart and cards - kartik.

    ReplyDelete

Please keep comments appropriate. We are all learning from the comments made. Thank you